Computer Maintenance Tips
Everyone now days have one or more computers at home or business. Unfortunately users are either to busy or don’t know that computers need to be maintained. If this sounds familiar then stick around! I am going to give you a few tips that will help you help your system work much better for you.
- Move Computer Off the Floor: By moving system off the floor you prevent all dust and debris from entering the inside of your computer. Keeping the inside of your computer dust free will prevent your system from running hot and overheating.
- Do not Install Un-Known Apps: Every time you install something in your Pc you run that risk of corrupting the registry, a system file or infecting your Pc. Everything that gets installed interacts with both the registry and system files. Limit your self to the amount of apps you install that way ensures reliability and a trouble free system.
- Clean Pc with Compressed Air Regularly: Check the inside of your Pc for any dust and debris. If dirty turn it off, take it outside, ground your self to the frame and clean with compressed air for cooler operation.
- Update Os Regularly: This ensures you have the latest Os patches, drivers installed to make your system more secure and reliable.
- Delete Un-Necessary Files: Every time you use your system for whatever the reason or specially online it generates un-needed or un-wanted files. Don’t panic that’s the way the Os was designed to work. However those files need to go or be deleted to help improve performance. Not deleting those temp files will eventually degrade your systems overall performance. Use tools like Disk Cleanup and Ccleaner the really do help.
- Run Disk Error Checking: If your computer was not properly shut down it will have logical errors preventing Windows from working correctly. This happens for example when there is a power outage or if you do a hard shut down when things freeze or do not respond. When you run this tool it fixes any non permanent damage to the hard drive in other words logical errors.
- Last Defrag Hard Drive: Every time you use, record or save a file to your hard drive it moves physically that data from one place to another within the drive logically. What Defraging does is organize the files closer within the hard drive. That way it can read its content faster there for improving performance to make everything read faster when being used.
- Close Programs before turning Pc Off: When you don’t properly exit a program you increase the chances of corrupting the app. That’s because you are now forcing the app to close without properly saving anything hat might be open in memory that needs to be save first.
- Re-Boot Pc Regularly: If you turn off your Pc regularly than you don’t have to worry about this tip, but if you are not you should re-boot regularly at least once a week. Re-starting your Pc can increase the chances of solving must common issues because it clears any errors logically in memory.